Master Franchise Opportunities in Southeast Asia
Join a global network and develop a proven business concept in your country (+1.700 Centers, +45 Countries)
Founded in San Diego, California (U.S.A.) in 1980 Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) has evolved over time into one of the world’s largest international networks of franchised entrepreneurs operating retail-based shipping, logistics, printing, marketing and communications solutions to business and private customers.
5 services under the same roof
Meet essential needs with a multi-faceted business model. The combination of multiple services at one location delivered with a unique level of customer service gives our clients a one-stop solution to bundle their personal or business needs with one reliable partner.
Pack & Ship
- Professional packing service
- National shipping
- Worldwide shipping
- eCommerce solutions
- Warehousing and fulfillment
- Returns management
- Mailbox rental
- Virtual mailbox
- Postal services
- Direct mailing
- Offset printing
- Digital printing
- Small/Large format printing
- Photo printing
- Website design
- Marketing & Communication materials
Southeast Asia, a region of fast-paced growth
Select a country and discover our Master Franchise Opportunities
Take part in a countrywide business opportunity to develop MBE in your country
Location Facts & Figures
Develop the MBE Brand in Indonesia
Due to its rapid growth, Indonesia is considered as part of the “Next Eleven” (Next 11’s ; Goldman Sachs) for its potential to become one of the World’s largest economy in the 21st century.
At a regional level, the country is one of the “Tiger Cubs” composed of the strongest 5 economies in the Southeast Asian region (actually, Indonesia is the largest Tiger Cub).
Indonesia’s ranks 73 of 190 (top 38%) on the Ease Of Doing Business rank (EODB). Large improvement from 120th slot in 2014.
SMEs are significant contributors to the economy:
- SMEs account for 60% of Indonesia’s GDP.
- 2019 studies show there are around 816,000 SMEs in Indonesia, employing 7.9 million people
- Over 50 million microenterprises
Large and growing eCommerce market
- 30 billion USD in 2020 (11th largest; ahead of Russia)
- 49% growth from 2019 to 2020
- Compound annual growth rate for 2020-2024 is 15%. This means that the market volume will double by 2024, reaching $60 billion.
Indonesian’s Franchise ecosystem
- There are over 1,000 franchises in the country (460+ foreign; 540+ local)
- In 2010, local & international franchise revenue equaled $11.6 billion, a 20% increase from the $9.5 billion revenue in 2009.
- Several reforms made on 2019 (Regulation No. 71 of 2019) simplified the requirements for franchises by removing certain requirements.
The CEP Market (Courier Express Parcel) is forecasted to have a CAGR of more than 15% between 2021-2026.
Location Facts & Figures
Develop the MBE Brand in South Korea
South Korea is part of the “Four Tigers”, the high-growth and income economies in the region together with Hong-Kong, Taiwan, and Singapore. Also, a top 10 country in nominal GDP, as of 2020.
Very good entrepreneurial environment
- Ease Of Doing Business (EODB) rank 5 of 190 (top 3%), for 2020.
- Global Entrepreneurship Index (GEI) rank 24 of 137 (top 18%), in 2018
Very large franchising market
- Franchises contribute 7.8% to South Korea’s GDP.
Over 4,000 franchises are operating in South Korea.
- Food & Beverage sector accounts for the majority of the franchise systems which means that there are great opportunities for the services industry.
A dynamic business landscape, with a need for essential business services:
- In 2017, SMEs constituted 99.9% of enterprises in the country
- SME’s drive economic growth in South Korea, accounting for over 50% of manufacturing output
- Exports accounted for 59% of SME revenue in 2019. South Korean SMEs are enthusiastic about future export revenue growth and believe that logistics providers’ support might be a crucial driver in that expansion.
One of the world’s biggest e-commerce markets:
- South Korea is the fifth world’s biggest e-commerce market in the world
- Growth of 27% in 2020 with a market value of US$104.7 billion
An increase in e-commerce trade also means SMEs must rely more heavily on their logistics providers.
Location Facts & Figures
Develop the MBE Brand in Taiwan
With a surface of 36,191 km² and around 23 million inhabitants, Taiwan is the 21st World’s biggest economy with a GDP of 668.5 billion US Dollars in 2020
Together with South Korea, Singapore and Hong-Kong, Taiwan is part of the “Four Tigers”. This is due to its very rapid growth, a strong export focus, a well-educated population, and high savings rates.
Good entrepreneurial environment
- Ease Of Doing Business rank (EODB) 15 of 190 (top 8%), for 2020
- Very interesting Global Entrepreneurship Index (GEI) with a ranking of 18 out of 137 in 2018 (top 14%)
SMEs are growing and more prevalent than ever before.
- Over 100,000 new SMEs created in 2019
- SMEs accounted for 29.6% of total business revenue.
- According to the “2020 White Paper on Small and Medium Enterprises in Taiwan”, SMEs accounted for 97.65% of all businesses It’s an all-time highs.
- Market is expected to grow from US$35.4 billion in 2020 to US$49.9 billion in 2024 with a CAGR of 9%
- Robin Hu, senior industry analyst at the Taipei-based Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute said: “It seems COVID-19 has not only driven the operating performance of Taiwanese online retailers but also has encouraged physical retailers – even small businesses – to more actively develop their online businesses”
According to Edwards Global Services, Taiwan is one of the top 5 global markets for franchising in 2020
Develop the MBE Brand in Brunei
Develop the MBE Brand in Bangladesh
The added value
Why become a Master Licensee?
Ready for a chat?
Need more information?
MBE by the numbers
SERVICE CENTRES WORLDWIDE
One Group, Eight Brands
Let’s keep the conversation going
Fill out the form and take the first step to become a part of MBE